Social Media Resources
Social media is a constantly evolving communication tool. Stay informed of current trends and channels by following the resources listed below.
- Hootsuite — as of April 2022, IT is no longer licensing new Enterprise users. Contact ITAC for more information. In the meantime, anyone can get a Hootsuite Free account.
- Video Captioning and Transcriptions — Make your video content more accessible with captions. Captions can be ordered from Rev in Mediaflo.
- Canva — Graphic design is made easier for web and print with this tool.
- Unsplash — Using original photos is highly encouraged, but this website provides free high-quality images for those posts that you may not have original photos for.
- GIPHY — Create or look up GIFs
- TXST NEXT Brand Toolkit - Includes TXST NEXT logos, motion graphics, video assets, and graphic elements.
Writing and Creating Content for Social Media
- HOW TO: Write Social Content — Social Media Today
- Hootsuite Guide to Making a Social Media Strategy – Hootsuite
- 7 Tips to Make Engaging Content Every Day – Twitter Business
- Sprout Social Media Marketing Strategy — Sprout Social
- Modern No-Nonsense Guide to Social Media Marketing — Social Media Examiner
- 5 Tips to Create a Solid Social Media Strategy — Forbes Business
- Sprout's Always Updating Guide to Social Image Sizing — Sprout Media
- How to Social Media Monitor — Buffer.com
- How to Make Instagram Reels — Later.com
- How to Make TikToks — Later.com
Sources to Follow
Accounts to Follow on Twitter and/or Instagram
Hashtags to follow on Twitter or Instagram
Contact University Marketing
The University Marketing team is a resource if you need additional support or guidance after reviewing the resources provided.